Have you been worrying about finances lately? If yes, then this message is for you. If you’ve been struggling on your own for a while, or feel stuck, it may be time to get some help. You don’t need to go through your challenges alone when help is nearby. This is a prime time to invest in support like:
- Hire an inspiring business or life coach
- Get advice from a trusted accountant
- Consult with a reputable financial adviser
And review your financial life:
- Pay off or consolidate debts
- Cut back on spending
- Downsize your overhead
- Review your budget and make helpful changes
- Tithe your income to contribute to savings
- Research the best deals and save up for that inspiring vacation
- Prioritize your financial needs, cut back on the unnecessary
- Utilize those discounts, special offers and coupons for what you need; you’re worth it!
- Sell whatever is unused clutter, be willing to let the past go!
- Read educational books like Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover, David Bach’s Start Late, Finish Rich, Brent Kessel’s It’s Not About The Money or any of Suze Orman’s books
Watch Your Thoughts
Be extra mindful when stressed. Remember, those negative thoughts can become self-fulfilling prophecies like, “I’ll never…” “It will never….” “It’s always…” “What’s the use?”
Don’t predict your fate in this negative light. You’re only blinding your chances of seeing solutions. Your mind is powerful, don’t forget that. You can’t control what life throws at you, but you can control how you react to it. Will you let the stress change you for better, or for worse? This is a learning experience, an opportunity to do something differently and get better results!
Your creative mind accesses creative solutions, and stressful thoughts block that part of your brain. Just say no to doomsday thinking, no matter how gloomy things may appear. Faith is your source of power, use it stubbornly in the face of doubt! I’m not saying it’s easy, especially if you’re living paycheck to paycheck (I’ve barely gotten by on food stamps and disability when I was ill, I get it, it is crazy stressful). But life rolls in ebbs and flows, nothing is permanent. Change is inevitable. You may be struggling now, but by next year, you can find yourself in an entirely different situation. Take me, for example. I was once on disability, sick as a dog with an inflammatory autoimmune disease, in chronic pain, unable to leave my apartment and emaciated. I used that year to focus 100% on my health. I got better. Three years later I was busy running my own wellness studio, featured on national television, and earning more income than I ever had before! Divine timing is always at play in our lives, we just need to trust.
Don’t let your stressed, anxious mind make assumptions about your future. Do what you can now with what you have. If all you can do in this present moment is burn off wild stress with a workout, call a friend for support, or try your best to clear your racing mind with meditation, then that’s where you start.
Holistic Tips for Financial Healing
- Try Reiki or Emotional Freedom Technique to release emotional stress and negative beliefs attached to finances and self-esteem.
- Focus on stabilizing and strengthening your root chakra. Pelvic exercises help!
- Try restorative yoga to shut off the fight or flight response.
- Consciously choose new beliefs about your relationship with money, and learn and affirm that you are a financially savvy genius.
- Avoid stimulants like caffeine if you’re feeling highly stressed from financial strains. Chances are you’re tired because financial stress is very draining on all levels. Reach for a B-complex instead or a natural remedy for adrenal support.
- Practice power stances and power yoga poses like warrior, and confidence boosters like sun salutes.
- Research your options, think outside the box, be willing to make necessary changes in the name of inner peace.
- It may be tempting to reach for a stress numbing cocktail, just consider this: stress itself can make the body acidic which means higher risk of heartburn, indigestion, weakened immunity, and nasty intestinal issues like candida overgrowth. Instead of alcohol, reach for a guided meditation, yoga video, or natural sleep remedy like melatonin, valerian or GABA.